11.05.2009

Concentration #7


With this piece, I feel like it is clear that my concentration has evolved. I have moved away from the human element that I previously incorporated in my art and am now focusing on the elements of design. For this piece, I used a combination of acrylic paint and markers to create a radiation design structure. The trunks of the trees create the centrifugal radiation as well as giving the piece a sense of space and depth. I like the hectic and detailed marks in the bark and in the canopy of leaves- the brushtrokes and lines give the piece an energetic feel.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Kristen! I love how this turned out. First of all, great composition. You incorporated a radial structure and abstracted nature. NICE. Another really strong point of this piece is the texture. My favorite thing about your concentration pieces is the work you do on top of everything in sharpie..it helps tie them all together and adds interesting detail. The texture of the bark and detail in the tree branches definitely makes the piece. I also think it was a good idea to turn away from the human element..I felt like the link between humans and nature in your concentrations was starting to get a little stretched. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work on this piece! I feel like you are starting to finally understand your voice and personal working style. I especially like the patterning that you worked back into the piece later in the year in the sky. Well done, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete