10.31.2009

Concentration #6

Clearly this is one of my weaker pieces at the moment. I plan on continuing the pattern at the top throughout the piece to make it a little less distracting. I then plan to bring the black up more so that the patterning in the background fades into black so that the fern fronds in front stand out more. I realize this piece needs some work. I feel that is I take the time to sit down, play around, and experiment with this, I would finish with a really interesting work.

My plan was to design a realistic fern in the foreground of the piece and then have an abstract fern design that I repeated throughout the background. I used a combination of watercolors, water soluble crayons, and markers to create this piece.

Since I plan on continuing this piece, any advice would be helpful :)

2 comments:

  1. even though this might be one of your weaker pieces it still looks really good! at first its a little hard to notice the hands behind some of the plants so maybe if those came out a tiny bit more than that would really show your human connection to nature but other than that i really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good start. I think that you need to continue layering as the piece looks undeveloped when compared to some of your later works. I would pick parts of the ferns to repeat and create patterns that weave throughout your piece. Plus, I think this piece calls for embossing or actual materials layered onto the surface!

    ReplyDelete