4.29.2010

Breadth #8

So this is my first oil painting, and I think it turned out pretty well. I love the qualities of the oil paint- it's creamier and smoother than acrylic. Plus, the colors are so vibrant and glossy, making oil a beautiful medium. This painting was really fun to create. I loved experimenting with the new medium (as evident in the Van Gogh-like tree canopies). Two other fellow AP art students (Daniel and Hanna) and I spent one whole day at a former art teacher's vineyard. Here, we had a wonderful lunch, toured the vineyard, talked about the meaning of art, and painted our surroundings. It was truly an awesome experience- the perfect weather for the perfect day. So this painting has a special place in my heart because of all the memories attached to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment